[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: On-line help; webbrowser problems

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:29:56 +0100

On Monday, Nov 25, 2002, at 17:52 Europe/Amsterdam, Russell E Owen
wrote:
> Any suggestions on workarounds or alternate ways to convince a browser
> to open a file at a particular anchor (thus avoiding the need for a
> web server)?

Send the AppleEvent to the browser yourself, using the OpenURL()
appleevent. You can find this in both the Explorer and the Netscape
suite, so either of
import Netscape
x = Netscape.Netscape(start=1)
x.OpenURL(url)
or the same with Explorer will work. And you can pass a
signature="MOSS" argument to the Netscape.Netscape call to start a
different webbrowser.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -