[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.2.2 and Tkinter installation problems on OS X

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
29 Nov 2002 11:49:50 +0000

Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 10:21:15AM +0000, Michael Hudson wrote:
> >
> > >   I did a 'find . -perm 711' in Python.framework and the only other
> > >   file I found outside lib/dynload that had the wrong permissions was
> > >   pydoc.
> >
> > pydoc had rwx--x--x?  That seems surprising.
>
> Pydoc seems to be in a class by itself in setup.py, 'scripts',
> different from the python executable, which is installed by the
> 'altbininstall' target of the Makefile properly using $(INSTALL_PROGRAM).

Yeah, I know that, but I thought distutils set script's permissions
properly -- don't you get a 'changing permissions of pydoc to 0755'
message during the install?

> > > - "no module named struct" should be distinguished from "can't access
> > >   struct module to import it".
> >
> > Patches welcome :)
>
> Yeah, wish I had the time.  I've submitted enough patches to random
> projects this week already, I've spent more time on them than my own
> work... :(

Join the club :(

Cheers,
M.

--
8. A programming language is low level when its programs require
   attention to the irrelevant.