[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Running Python scripts without full paths

kevin parks kevin@macosx.com
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 04:35:38 +0900

[snowcat:~/scripts] kevin% ./foo.py
hello kevin
[snowcat:~/scripts] kevin% more foo.py
#!/usr/bin/python
print 'hello kevin'
[snowcat:~/scripts] kevin% foo.py
foo.py: Command not found.
[snowcat:~/scripts] kevin%
On Sunday, December 1, 2002, at 02:00  AM,
pythonmac-sig-request@python.org wrote:

Ok, i set my path in /Users/kevin/Library/init/tcsh/environment.mine
like so:

setenv PATH "/Users/kevin:/Users/kevin/bin:/Users/kevin/scripts:${PATH}"

I set ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist (which if you type % open
environment.plist opens in
the Property Editor app and you can edit via the GUI!)

to have the same three paths and i type:

#!/usr/bin/python
print 'hello kevin'

into a file called foo.py and i chmod a+x it so we should be cool.

[snowcat:~/scripts] kevin% ./foo.py
hello kevin

groovy, now here is the big test, DOES THIS SEE /Users/kevin/scripts in
my path and ...

[snowcat:~/scripts] kevin% foo.py
foo.py: Command not found.

so there you go. it still doesn't work.