[Pythonmac-SIG] Announce: OSATools

Daniel Lord dmlsj@yahoo.com
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 12:39:41 -0800

--Apple-Mail-4-252039089

Michael,

> The recent discussion of AppleScript and OSA inspired me to finally
> write a package I've been thinking about for a while. I'm calling it
> OSATools, and it basically is a set of wrappers for the 'osascript' and
> 'osacompile' OS X system calls. There are convenience functions for
> several cases, and a basic but useful class modeling an AppleScript
> interface.
>
> ***
>
> Hope this is useful for someone.

While most of us agree that using the OSA interface is the right way to
go in the long run, this 'quick and dirty" interface is useful for
testing and RAD. Thank you for producing this. Your solution is
well-encapsulated OOP and more elegant than my newbie Python skill was
creating. Very nicely done IMHO. Thank you again. Of ocurse I still
want to do it old-fashioned and more powerful way as well, but the
learning curve is much more steep.

Daniel
--
daniellordATtelocityDOTcom
"My  dancing, drinking, and singing weave me the mat

                   -- Old Man of Halmahera, Indonesia

--Apple-Mail-4-252039089

Michael,

<excerpt>The recent discussion of AppleScript and OSA inspired me to