[Pythonmac-SIG] Newbie environment var problem

Ronald Oussoren oussoren@cistron.nl
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:43:23 +0200

On Tuesday, Oct 8, 2002, at 12:14 Europe/Amsterdam, Tony McDonald wrote:
> There's also talk of incorporating WxPython into MacPython as well
> (personally I'd love to be able to use python within
> ProjectBuilder/InterfaceBuilder, but thats a ways off I think).

It is not too far of. PyObjC (pyobjc.sourceforge.net) is very much
alive. We have a usable version in CVS and hope to do a release soon.
The new version should work with Apple's python in 10.2 and definitely
allows one to use IB to build GUIs.

IIRC the cvs version of Python 2.3 contains a patch or module that
allows you to build IB based GUIs with Carbon.

Ronald