[Pythonmac-SIG] Question about which libraries to use in making a c extension

Magladry, Stephen stephenm@humongous.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:12:09 -0700

I trying to build a c extension and running into some problem with c
exceptions. There is an open line of communication between Python and my c
extension. Calls happen from my C code to my Python Code and visa versa. The
problem I am dealing with is asserts in my c code do not trigger. Even
assert(0); in my c extension doesn't stop execution. Here is a list of which
files I link to in order.

GUSIConfig_MTINET.cp
GUSI_SIOUX.CW7.Carb.Lib
GUSI_Core.CW7.Carb.Lib
GUSI_MSL.CW7.Carb.Lib
PythonCoreCarbon
(my source files)
MSL_All_Carbon.Lib

Does someone see a missing library that would get my c asserts up and going?

Thanks,

Stephen Magladry