[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython on jaguar

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:14:15 +0200

On Thursday, Oct 10, 2002, at 11:07 Europe/Amsterdam, Just van Rossum
wrote:

> Ok, here's what currently happens on a pretty much vanilla MacPython
> 2.2.1
> install (slightly different trigger, but the symptom is the same):
>
> - double-clicking EditPythonPrefs: fine, no problem
> - dropping Python IDE or PythonInterpreter onto EditPythonPrefs:
> <<terminated>>
> - dropping BuildApplet or BuildApplication onto EditPythonPrefs: no
> problem
> - dropping random files onto EditPythonPrefs: random but consistent
> results,
>   I can't see a pattern yet.

All these work fine for me, as Murphy's Law would suggest (MacPython
2.2.1, OSX 10.2.1).

My hunch (so far) is that the problem is with the sys.argv emulation
code. Some people reported that turning off argv emulation made a
difference. As an experiment, could you rename "Python IDE" to
"BuildApplet" and vice versa, and see what the results are then? I.e.
does the problem stick with the program or with the filename?

Hmm, other interesting thought: could the people who have a way to
*consistently* get the <<terminated>> window tell me the exact filename
of both the file dropped and the application onto which is what dropped?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -