[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [ python-Patches-580869 ] Fix for seg fault on test_re on mac osx

Steven Majewski sdm7g@mac.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:25:42 -0400

Got this on a patch I filed quite a while ago to fix the problem of
seg faulting on test_re if you don't do a  limit or ulimit from the
shell before running the tests.

I verified that this still works for me and that I'm NOT running as root.

But I haven't upgraded to 10.2 yet: Maybe this is a 10.1 vs. 10.2 problem
?
Can a few of you out there give the following 3 lines a try under either 10.
1
and/or 10.2 and tell me if it works for you ? :

import resource
soft, hard = resource.getrlimit(resource.RLIMIT_STACK )
resource.setrlimit( resource.RLIMIT_STACK, (1024 * 2048, hard))

-- Steve Majewski