[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython on jaguar

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:16:39 +0200

On donderdag, oktober 10, 2002, at 04:27 , Just van Rossum wrote:

>>> - dropping Python IDE or PythonInterpreter onto EditPythonPrefs:
>>> <<terminated>>
>>> - dropping BuildApplet or BuildApplication onto EditPythonPrefs: no
>>> problem
>>  As an experiment, could you rename "Python IDE" to
>> "BuildApplet" and vice versa, and see what the results are then?

> I changed some filenames: no change in the above effects.

Uhm... What do you mean by "no change"? Do you mean that
the-program-formerly-known-as-PythonIDE-but-now-called-BuildApplet
still has the problem, or do you mean that
the-program-formerly-known-as-BuildApplet-but-now-called-PythonIDE
now has the problem? I.e. is the first guess that the problem is
pathname-related or that it is content-related?

I did find an interesting possible race condition between the
starting Python and the launching Finder, though. The loop to
create argv uses GetNextEvent() (not WaitNextEvent) , and it
simply calls it 100 times. And since Carbon the SystemTask() in
that loop has gone too. So, it is conceivable that that loop
finishes before the finder has been scheduled and had a chance
to send its AppleEvent. I'll change the loop to use WNE(), and
I'll try to get a 2.2.2b1 installer ready later tonight.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -