[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only

Neil Mayhew niel_mayhew@mac.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:18:46 -0600

Thanks, Jack, for your quick response on this problem.

I hate to disappoint you, but I was unable to run ConfigurePythonCarbon. It
immediately came up with <<terminated>>. I tried a reboot, just to make
sure, but this made no difference.

So I can't get started, because I have no IDE and no Interpreter! I
bootstrapped myself in the previous installation by running
ConfigurePython.py manually, although now I can't see how I did that without
Interpreter or IDE. Maybe I just got lucky and it ran partway once, as far
as the problem with touching /Library/CFM Support, and then was able to fix
that and bootstrap the rest of the way.

However, since it doesn't even run partway this time, I tried copying
PythonInterpreterCarbon, changing the type from Atmp to APPL, and dropping
ConfigurePython.py onto it. Still gives <<terminated>>.

I tried removing "Python 2.2.2b1+ Preferences", which didn't help, although
ConfigurePythonCarbon did manage to recreate it (correctly).

What do you suggest?

--Neil