[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only

Jim Harrison jhrsn@pitt.edu
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:36:41 -0400

on 10/11/02 10:05 AM, Jack Jansen at Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl wrote:

> What I would like too is if people without CW try this, just to see
> whether turning on debugging somehow magically makes the problem
> disappear.

Copied the new PythonCoreCarbon + debugging into 2.2.2b1.

IDE runs fine.
EditPythonPrefs runs fine.
PI runs only occasionally on double-click (ie, problem worse than =
before).
PI totally unresponsive to dropped files no matter what the filename =
length
(<<Terminated>>). Very different from last night.

Went back to 2.2.1 in another folder with prev PythonCoreCarbon.
I couldn=B9t get PI to run on a double-click (similar to before).
Dropped files do not run at all on PI no matter what the filename =
length.
Also completely different from last night.

I swear the filename length stuff was working perfectly reproducibly =
last
night. All files with name lengths less than the cutoff worked =
perfectly
when dropped on the PI; greater than the cutoff failed with =
<<Terminated>>.
The only thing that's happened since then is that the machine was =
restarted.

OSX 10.2.1, TiBook 550

Jim Harrison
Univ. of Pittsburgh