[Pythonmac-SIG] embedding - framework, precompiled libs available ?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:19:25 +0200

On Monday, Oct 14, 2002, at 19:55 Europe/Amsterdam, eduard mueller=20
wrote:

> Hi,
> =A0
> we=A0would like to embed the pythoncore into our=A0C++ application =
that=20
> runs
> under win32 , MacOsX and MacOs9.
> Under Windows we had no problems at all to link the core statically=20
> into
> our exe but under MacOsx and 9 I have big problems to build the =
library
> with the Codewarrior 8 compiler.
> Is there any chance to=A0build the core without GUSI on Codewarrior 8 =
?
> Are precompiled libraries or even a framework somewhere available ?

Building without GUSI hasn't been tested (at least, not by me) for a=20
while, but there shouldn't be too many stumbling blocks. But, and this=20=

is a big "but", you will lose lots of Python functionality by building=20=

without GUSI. Sockets and select are definitely out, and there's=20
probably a bit more.
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com>       =20
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -