[Pythonmac-SIG] way to tell what platform python code executing on?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 22:11:20 +0200

On vrijdag, okt 18, 2002, at 21:22 Europe/Amsterdam, Magladry, Stephen
wrote:

> I have a Python utility file that need to be run both under Mach-o
> Python
> and Mac Python. This file processes files from a directory. So I
> currently
> have a gross hack
>

> carbon = 1
> if carbon : #Mac
> 	dir = "Mac OS X:Applications:Python 2.2.1"
> else: #Mach-o
> 	dir = "/Applications/Python 2.2.1"

You want MacOS.runtimemodel. The values can be "classic" (non-Carbon
OS9 MacPython), "carbon" (OS9 or OSX Carbon MacPython) or "macho" (OSX
unix-Python).

And if you can't import the MacOS module then you're not on a Mac:-)
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -