[Pythonmac-SIG] Python in Jaguar is where?

Walt Ludwick walt@algarvistas.net
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:32:21 +0100

Hey, Bob:  I guess you've hit the nail on the head, in that i was
failing to distinguish between wanting to *use* a GUI (to insulate me
from the horrors of the command line - a wish that is fundamentally
inconsistent w/ my desire to learn the Python language, i now realize),
and the idea of *creating* GUI for whatever Python code i might
produce.  But since my ultimate aim is to create Python objects for
integration not into desktop apps, but rather into Zope-based web apps,
i guess i really have no need of Tkinter or wxPython or Cocoa or any
such stuff at this point.

PS:   I'm talking to Jaguar's Python interpreter now via Terminal
application, working my way thru the examples in this excellent
beginners' book at http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/.   So far so
good.  And i do have BBEdit (emacs too) when it comes time for writing
longer programs.  I do wonder how anyone can work with large
hierarchies of nested objects, absent some sort of graphical IDE... but
we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.  Thanks for your support,
folks.