[Pythonmac-SIG] Python in Jaguar is where?

Neil Mayhew niel_mayhew@mac.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:46:17 -0600

--B_3117797177_41069797

Walt,

I'd like to put in a plug for MacPython here. I think it is superior to the
BBEdit approach because its PythonIDE has an integrated debugger/object
inspector, and also because there is a tight coupling between the editor and
the compiler. For example, if you have a syntax error in your source code,
the editor will highlight the relevant line. There is a separate output
window for displaying the results of print statements, and also a live
interpreter window should you need it. I think this will all make it much
easier for a beginner like yourself.

Unfortunately, there is a bug in the current version of MacPython that
causes it to work inconsistently on Jaguar (although I've had very few
problems when running the IDE). Jack has identified and fixed the problem,
and says a new release will be coming out very soon.

You can reach the MacPython home page from python.org.

--Neil

Neil Mayhew
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

(Email address deliberately misspelled to foil spammers)

--B_3117797177_41069797

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Python in Jaguar is where?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Walt,<BR>
<BR>
I'd like to put in a plug for MacPython here. I think it is superior to the=
 BBEdit approach because its PythonIDE has an integrated debugger/object ins=
pector, and also because there is a tight coupling between the editor and th=
e compiler. For example, if you have a syntax error in your source code, the=
 editor will highlight the relevant line. There is a separate output window =
for displaying the results of print statements, and also a live interpreter =
window should you need it. I think this will all make it much easier for a b=
eginner like yourself.<BR>
<BR>
Unfortunately, there is a bug in the current version of MacPython that caus=
es it to work inconsistently on Jaguar (although I've had very few problems =
when running the IDE). Jack has identified and fixed the problem, and says a=
 new release will be coming out very soon.<BR>
<BR>
You can reach the MacPython home page from python.org.<BR>
<BR>
--Neil<BR>
<BR>
Neil Mayhew<BR>
Calgary, Alberta, Canada<BR>
<BR>
(Email address deliberately misspelled to foil spammers)<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3117797177_41069797--