[Pythonmac-SIG] Let's do it completely different!

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:05:06 -0700

At 23:09 +0200 10/18/2002, Jack Jansen wrote:
>Hello...

(There will be lots of quotes of Jack's message.)

The new idea fits well with my needs, which are minority needs, I'm sure.

I need Python to run like a Unix command line tool, since that's what we do
at work.  We occasionally run X at the machine console, but from where I
work the nearest console is 17 miles away and a sizeable percentage of the
consoles are 40 miles and a ferry ride (or about 70 to 100 miles all
highway) away.

None that that means I don't want the GUI stuff and Macish stuff to be
available to others.  I just don't need it getting in my way.  It does look
as if the new idea will provide that, as Jack describes it.

[Yes...I might use it in my personal free time.  Sooner or later, I'll have
some of that, but for now it's not an issue.]

  --John the Curmudgeon
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA