[Pythonmac-SIG] Let's do it completely different!

Mark Day mday@mac.com
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:14:42 -0700

On Monday, October 21, 2002, at 09:19  AM, Bob Savage wrote:

> Perhaps the applets ([3]) could have links which point to a file in
> the "MacPython" distribution ([2]), which is really a link to the
> desired Python installation ([1]).

That sounds like it would still be fragile unless the MacPython
distribution is in a fixed location.  I think it's important that
applets created on one system be usable on another system, even in the
face of different volume names, user names, home directory locations,
etc.  If the MacPython distribution goes into some place like /Library
by default, then that may be sufficient.  Otherwise, I think we need to
find a way to find things in "all the standard places" (whatever they
may be).

-Mark