[Pythonmac-SIG] Let's do it completely different!

Kevin Ollivier kevino@tulane.edu
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:24:22 -0400

Maybe then what is needed is to have a Applications/Python folder, and
have an "Extensions" folder inside that (or Lib/site-packages, etc.)
that people can drop modules into. That way, Mac users can add/install
modules without having to interact with the Terminal or Unix filesystem.
I think that applets also should be able to have any necessary modules
above and beyond what Jaguar Python provides inside the app bundle so
that they can run on machines without MacPython installed, though. (Or
maybe BuildApplication could provide this functionality?)

Kevin