[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: lets do it really different | let's not and say we did.

François Granger francois.granger@free.fr
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:05:45 +0200

on 23/10/02 13:41, kevin parks at kp87@lycos.com wrote:

> 1. UNIX and the terminal are not some kind of diseased thing to be avoided at
> all costs.

For a Mac _user_, they are.

> 2. Anyone savvy enough to be writing python scripts is smart enough to open
> the terminal and type % cd /usr/local/bin ; ls
>
> I think that we are bending over backwards to do something really unimportant
> here.
>
> repeat after me: Unix good, csh powerful, OS 9 goodbye
> Unix good, csh powerful, OS 9 goodbye
>
> Unix good, csh powerful, OS 9 goodbye

Sorry to disturb. 90% of OSX users are OS9 users forced to switch.

When one have been using Python on OS9 (Thanks to Jack fot this) one does
not felt the unixish part of Python.
And there are a lot of casual developers on Mac because of the easiness of
most tools (HyperCard, AppleScript, FileMaker 4th Dimension ....)

--
Le courrier est un moyen de communication. Les gens devraient
se poser des questions sur les implications politiques des choix (ou non