[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Let's do it completely different!

kevin parks kp87@lycos.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:10:02 -0400

>> Well, this did get a little flamey (is that a word?), but

Sorry 'bout my part in that. A few things may have come out sounding not as i intended. Anyway I understand much more where various folks who use Python on the mac are comming from.

>> This all started because some of us suggested that a
>> Python installation
>> should be visible from an unmodified Finder. Is there
>> anything wrong with that???

No, i just worry that the new Python will have to move to far from a standard UNIX install to achive this is all. Mac classic is a free for all mostly, but as a UNIX person you know in UNIX everything has its place and people expect to
find things in the "usual" places, even if some of those places don't show up in the "finder".

>>It looks like we can get the best of both worlds, and I,
>>for one, am thrilled about that!

That, of course, is the ideal.

-kp--

Get 250 full-color business cards FREE right now!
http://businesscards.lycos.com