[Pythonmac-SIG] Doing it differently: Module management / installation

Chris Barker Chris.Barker@noaa.gov
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:54:17 -0700

Michael Hudson wrote:
> Does anyone
> > know why the replyto field is not set to the list?
>
> Because setting reply-to on lists is evil.

I've experienced a number of auto-reply feedback loops on mailing lists,
but not for a long while. A number of other lists I'm on (wxPython, for
example) have reply-to set tot he list, and it works just fine. Someone
must ahve figured out how to filter out the auto-replies.

I do know that I have accidentally sent replies to only the sender on
this list a lot. Maybe I'm jsut to absent minded.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov