[Pythonmac-SIG] Reply-To on lists

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
25 Oct 2002 10:25:56 +0100

Chris Barker <Chris.Barker@noaa.gov> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
> > Does anyone
> > > know why the replyto field is not set to the list?
> >
> > Because setting reply-to on lists is evil.
>
> I've experienced a number of auto-reply feedback loops on mailing lists,
> but not for a long while. A number of other lists I'm on (wxPython, for
> example) have reply-to set tot he list, and it works just fine. Someone
> must ahve figured out how to filter out the auto-replies.

Well the evilness I was thinking of was that I've *I* set Reply-To: in
my mails and the list sets one, mine gets clobbered.

> I do know that I have accidentally sent replies to only the sender on
> this list a lot. Maybe I'm jsut to absent minded.

All together now: "Get a better mail client." :-)

Cheers,
M.

--
  Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them
  the usual way.  This happens to us all the time with computers,