[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.2.2 final candidate

Daniel daniel_t@earthlink.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:29:16 -0500

At 12:53 AM +0200 10/26/02, Jack Jansen wrote:
>Folks,
>MacPython 2.2.2 final candidate is available. Please download and install it,
>and let me know about any showstoppers ASAP (and successes also welcome). I
>plan to advertise this release on monday.

PowerBook G3, MacOS X 10.1.5...

I installed the carbon version and dev kit from my admin account into
the /applications directory, then attempted to run the test suite
from my user account...

133 tests OK.
26 tests failed:
     test_array test_bufio test_builtin test_descr test_dircache
     test_exceptions test_file test_fileinput test_frozen test_gdbm
     test_gettext test_glob test_hotshot test_imageop test_import
     test_inspect test_iter test_largefile test_mailbox test_mhlib
     test_mutants test_os test_rgbimg test_socket test_uu test_zipfile
34 tests skipped:
     test_al test_atexit test_bsddb test_cd test_cl test_commands
     test_crypt test_curses test_dbm test_dl test_email_codecs
     test_fcntl test_fork1 test_gl test_grp test_imgfile
     test_linuxaudiodev test_locale test_longexp test_mmap test_nis
     test_openpty test_poll test_popen2 test_pty test_pwd test_signal
     test_socket_ssl test_socketserver test_sunaudiodev test_timing
     test_unicode_file test_winreg test_winsound
2 skips unexpected on mac:
     test_longexp test_atexit

Most of the failures seemed to be "permission denied" errors. Most of
the skipped tests seem to involve something not being found or not
being imported. Let me know if you need the whole output...