[Pythonmac-SIG] What is the future of Python on OSX?

Kevin Ollivier kevino@tulane.edu
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 23:50:39 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <landauer@got.net>
To: "Tony Lownds" <tony@lownds.com>
Cc: <Pythonmac-SIG@python.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 7:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] What is the future of Python on OSX?

> Quoting Tony Lownds <tony@lownds.com>:
>
> > What would you like? I'm still very interested in working on Tkinter.
>
> Well, as long as you asked:
>
> I'd like to see a Python cross-platform GUI solution that does not depend
on
> installing fragments of X-windows on my Mac OS X system.
>
> Can Aquatk do that, yet?  Will it ever?

Not sure about AquaTK, but wxPython already does a pretty decent job of it!
=) You can even d/l and install it (along with the latest binary of
MachoPython) from here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10718&release_id=83146

I've been using wxPython for an app I've been working on, and despite one
Mac-specific bug, the app works the same on all three major platforms
(Windows/Mac/Linux) plus it uses the native look and feel of the platform
its running on (i.e. Aqua on OS X). I've been quite happy with it.

Kevin