[Pythonmac-SIG] Testing MachoPython

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 22:12:27 -0700

At 10:56 -0400 8/29/2002, Michael Esveldt wrote:
>This is a fairly basic question, but its answer might be of some
>small use to MacPython: How safe is it to perform test builds?

I would feel more comfortable putting a second drive into the machine
(really, you want a second machine, but later you said 'student').  Put a
full Mac OS X on that, and a copy of your fink-based Python, and do your
test builds there.  If sufficiently paranoid, you will unmount your work
drive before doing anything with this sandbox system.

Now, even if something does go wrong, you have a disk you can wipe out and
build again.

  John (still maintaining his machine as a fink-free zone, but that's just me)
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA