[Pythonmac-SIG] What is the future of Python on OSX?

Tony Lownds tony@lownds.com
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 14:52:12 -0700

>But: I think we can do something that is almost as good, if we
>create a simple way by which an end user can install add-on packages
>for Python.

Currently there isn't even a good spot for add-on packages to go!

I would like to see /Library/Python, ~/Library/Python, etc. added to
the path. Patch 606134 does this, and also has support for making an
IDLE applet.

>I've dropped this idea here before, but noone reacted, so here goes again.
>
>We create a bit of software called the Python Install Manager.

That's a huge idea... thinking big, Jack :)

-Tony