[Pythonmac-SIG] Python that ships with Jaguar vs...

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:41:22 +0200

Tony Lownds:

> I guess that expat was not included in darwin because there are
> problems with the makefile in the canonical release of expat (on the
> author's homepage) - it didn't make a libexpat.a. That's also why
> expat was copied into the Python source tree, IIRC.

It compiles fine on my 10.2 (as it did on 10.1.5). Find below what my
home-distilled "installer" says about how to do it. If you want it in
/usr/lib instedad of /usr/local/lib you need to modify the procedure.
I think it's unfortunate that OS X doesn't come with a /usr/local
folder, isn't it?

Dinu

dinu% python install.py --show expatLib
Name: Expat Library by James Clark