[Pythonmac-SIG] Temp files/dir

Robin Siebler Robin.Siebler@palmsource.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:54:28 -0700

I guess I didn't word this very well.  What I was trying to find out was =
*where* to place temp files, which is very easy to find out in Windows.  =
After pounding my head against the monitor and searching Google for =
about 30 minutes, I finally found this AppleScript command "path to =
temporary items folder", which seems to be what I wanted to know.  =
Thanks for the help though.  Aside from a post to this group, I never =
found anything that said how to find the startup disk on a Mac.

Robin L. Siebler
Software Test Engineer
Palm
Lisa Simpson: I still believe in protecting animal's rights, but that =
still doesn't excuse what I did. I'm sorry for wrecking your barbecue, =
dad.    Homer: That's okay, honey. I used to believe in things too.