[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Pythonmac-SIG digest, Vol 1 #1203 - 10 msgs

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 21:22:27 -0700

At 10:52 -0400 9/13/2002, kevin parks wrote:
>But then the user ends up with 2 pythons and there may be some confusion as to
>which is further up or down the path and which binary is actually getting
>used, no?
>Particularly for invoking scripts from the shell no? I, personally, would
>be confused
>with this. Couldn't there be an option to remove Apple's or something? It
>wouldn't be
>that hard to remove "our" python and reinstall the Apple one would it?

Call one of them something else.

In another venue, we've grown tired of tracking RedHat's Python 1.5.2
(named python) and RedHat's or our installs of some Python 2.? (named
python2).  Our scripts now run in "python-preferred" whose definition we
adjust as the Pythons change.

Ugh.

  --John

--