[Pythonmac-SIG] python script execution strangeness

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:59:41 +0200

Russell E Owen wrote:

> >Your files have the wrong line endings. Should be \n for the
> >python2.2 whipped with Jaguar. From 2.2.1 and up (I think) Python is
> >agnostic about line endings, but 2.2 is still picky.
>
> 2.2.2 is still picky about line endings.

Hm, it seems you're right. I think MacPython (the non-unix,
non-framework CFM-based one) might have a special hack, as arbitrary
line endings do seem to work in MacPython 2.2.2. Jack probably
remembers.

> If there's a release version of unix/Mac framework Python that is
> not, I'd love to know about it. (I know 2.3 is such, and it's a very
> exciting release but it's also still alpha.)

I don't think there is.

Just