[Pythonmac-SIG] Pyro Error can't find nameserver

Rob Bedford rafferty29@mchsi.com
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 07:27:06 -0500

Using Pyro with two different Macs I cannot find the name-server on one
machine in loopback, while the other works fine.  Both are running
10.2.4 however one is running Airport rather than a ethernet
connection.  This probably is a setting on the machine but I cannot
find it.  While this is not a direct Python issue I figure that this
group may have experienced this and know a solution.

Thanks for the help

Error from terminal:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./BankServer.py", line 24, in ?
     ns = locator.getNS()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/Pyro/naming.py", line 107, in
getNS
     reply = self.sendSysCommand('location',host,port,trace)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/Pyro/naming.py", line 100, in
sendSysCommand
     raise errors.PyroError('Name Server not responding')
Pyro.errors.PyroError: Name Server not responding

And yes there is a server running in another terminal window.