[Pythonmac-SIG] python 2.3a2 won't build on a unix file system

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:31:55 +0100

Michael Toy <michael@osafoundation.org> writes:

> I'm new to python and this list, please help me know what to do ...
>
> I was trying to figure out why python seems to build slower on macs,
> so just for kicks i created a unix formatted partition and tried to
> build os x python.
>
> the build fails, because of these lines in configure.in

[...]

> Do I send my diffs to someone?  Does anyone even care?

Well, you could create a patch on SF, but I guess that once the
problem is pointed out, Jack will know how to deal with it without
much thought.

OTOH, it might help prevent the issue falling between the cracks...

Cheers,
M.

--
  MAN:  How can I tell that the past isn't a fiction designed to
        account for the discrepancy between my immediate physical