[Pythonmac-SIG] malloc debugger for OS X?

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 11:33:57 +0100

Stuart Bishop <zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au> writes:

> On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 07:20  PM, Michael Hudson wrote:
>
>> Stuart Bishop <stuart.b@commonground.com.au> writes:
>>
>>> Can anyone point me to a malloc debugger that works under OS X and
>>> can be used for tracking down 'double free' errors in Python C
>>> extensions?
>>
>> You could try a --pydebug build of Python 2.3 from CVS.
>
> I've now tried that. In this particular case, it made the warnings
> disappear and the program appear to run flawlessly :-)

Glad to be of help :-)  Does it still work with a release build?

Cheers,
M.

--
  It's relatively seldom that desire for sex is involved in
  technology procurement decisions.          -- ESR at EuroPython 2002