[Pythonmac-SIG] newbie list?

The Dude dude@cantankerouscurmudgeon.com
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 08:46:14 -0400

Folks,

I am a complete newbie to python... just got my first O'Reilly text
on what appears to be just what I needed in terms of a programming
tool.  I've lurked on your list for a few days and see a lot of
over-my-head comment.

Is there a newbies list you may recommend?  I have an Apache-based
project in mind -- basically a large CGI in Python that I would like
to develop, but don't know quite where to start.

I feel like this is a chicken/egg dilemma: I clearly need to know
python well to know how to proceed with development, and I need to
ask the right questions to learn python without undue frustration.
Arrrgh.

Any recommendations are most welcome.  I'm on digest, so if you post
here and I don't respond for a few days, it's not an insult.

Thanks