[Pythonmac-SIG] newbie list?

Mario Ruggier mario@ruggier.org
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:37:10 +0200

> Folks,
>
> I am a complete newbie to python... just got my first O'Reilly text on
> what appears to be just what I needed in terms of a programming tool.
> I've lurked on your list for a few days and see a lot of over-my-head
> comment.
>
> Is there a newbies list you may recommend?  I have an Apache-based
> project in mind -- basically a large CGI in Python that I would like
> to develop, but don't know quite where to start.
>
> I feel like this is a chicken/egg dilemma: I clearly need to know
> python well to know how to proceed with development, and I need to ask
> the right questions to learn python without undue frustration. Arrrgh.
>
> Any recommendations are most welcome.  I'm on digest, so if you post
> here and I don't respond for a few days, it's not an insult.
>
> Thanks

If you want large you probably do not want CGI, but any one of several
_substantially_ more functional and and performant frameworks. There are
several in python, and the recent posting, below, on the
python-announce list,
is actually a very convenient starting point to get some idea of what's
out there.
However, not all servers/frameworks are covered with equal attention
(and
note that it's author is also one of the webware authors).

Regards,

	Mario Ruggier

=======