[Pythonmac-SIG] accessing .xsl files

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 00:26:09 +0200

On zaterdag, apr 12, 2003, at 18:54 Europe/Amsterdam, Ronald Oussoren
wrote:

> On Thursday, Apr 10, 2003, at 22:11 Europe/Amsterdam, Jack Jansen
> wrote:
>> Possibly this will work with Python from CVS. I've been pounding hard
>> on the Python OSA
>> implementation, and the things I've tried work. But: I don't have
>> Excel, so I can't test it.
>
> I have Excel, and generating the Microsoft_Excel module doesn't work
> (MS Office X), I get a backtrace in gensuitemodule.addmodule,
> specifically on line 866: Module is '<module StdSuites.Required_Suite
> from /Library...>' and it doesn't have an attribute named
> '_propdeclarations' (nor '_enumdeclarations' and '_compdeclarations').
>
> This is using a CVS Python of about a week old.

Oops, my fault. I did away with _propdeclarations, but they are indeed
needed. I've fixed gensuitemodule and regenerated the suites, please do
an update and try again.

> The output window of the IDE said:
> > ASKING FOR aete DICTIONARY IN '/Applications/Microsoft Office
> X/Microsoft Excel'
> > GetAppTerminology failed with errAEDescNotFound/resNotFound, trying
> manually
>
> Excell was automaticly lauched during this processes.

This seems to be how it always goes on OSX. Should I change the error
message to show that the "error" is somewhat expected?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -