[Pythonmac-SIG] Using Project Builder with Python & SWIG?

W.T. Bridgman wtbridgman@radix.net
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 07:22:31 -0400

Has anyone on the list used SWIG to build Python wrappers and compile
them with Project Builder?

I've got command line SWIG 1.3.19  to generate my wrappers for Python
2.2.2 (Unix) but I can't get PB to build a _<module>.so library file
that Python will import.  (I gave up using MacSWIG - it could never
find some of it's own config files).  I had this module working under
MacOS 8 and CodeWarrior with available documentation.

I assume there's some flag I'm missing.  I tried -shared in the
compiler (and linker) flags with no success.  I haven't resorted to
compiling from the command line yet, but I'd like to know how to do
this with PB.  .a libraries are easy but Python won't import them.
I've checked several online and hardcopy books and magazine tutorials
on PB and haven't found info on this yet.

Would a .dyld work in this case?

Thanks for your assistance,
Tom