[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only - MacPython-OSX binary distribution

Russell E Owen owen@astro.washington.edu
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:19:59 -0700

I just tried the binary installer and it ran fine. I really liked the
nice clear simple ReadMe file and the IDE help as well.

The one problem I have is that it didn't install Tkinter. I thought
that *might* be because my most recent Tcl/Tk installation was an X11
binary (though I have both that and a framework build installed), but
I ran the new Aqua Tk 8.4.2 binary installer and reinstalled
MacPython 2.3b1-1 and still...no Tkinter.

So I'm about to try building Python 2.3b1 from source.

-- Russell