[Pythonmac-SIG] Can I move the MacPython-2.3 folder?

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick at usa.xerox.com
Fri Aug 1 10:02:23 EDT 2003

> Things will break in the future, though: in one of the
> PackMan threads
> we discuss installing
> documentation and sample code into /Applications/MacPython-2.3/Extras.

Why hard code the directory?

You can find out where python is running simply by getting the directory
path...
or if you insist on hard coding....

"./Extras" would work.... As long as in the python directory...

IMHO, Anything that has a absolute path will eventually break... Or run into
a problem...

For example, remember Apple's issues with the Itunes v3.00 release, where it
accidently "deleted" entire hard drives due to absolute path issues?

		- Benjamin