[Pythonmac-SIG] (no subject)

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Sat Aug 2 01:28:24 EDT 2003

On zaterdag, aug 2, 2003, at 00:14 Europe/Amsterdam, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On Friday, Aug 1, 2003, at 18:04 America/New_York, Andrew Hartung
> wrote:
>
>> Ok, I installed MacPython; can I make the PackageManager recognize
>> programs I've installed via fink, like readline? fink has its own SDL
>> packages, should I stay away from them and use the ones from
>> Bob(thanks for pygame BTW)?
>
> Fink and MacPython are mutually exclusive.. Nothing from one should
> touch anything from the other for now.

Do you really mean "mutually exclusive", as in: if you install the one
don't install the other? Or do you mean what I, in the other reply,
called "blissfully unaware": different install locations, different
pythonpaths, etc?
> --
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com>
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -