[Pythonmac-SIG] PackMan->ChapMan

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Sun Aug 3 00:18:57 EDT 2003

On zaterdag, aug 2, 2003, at 20:30 Europe/Amsterdam, Glenn Andreas
wrote:
> As much as I like obscure references, Chapman goes beyond me. Looking
> it up in dictionary.com shows definitions such as "itinerant peddler"

That is indeed the second reason why I thought about Chapman. The first
being of course to honour Graham.

But today I agree with the sentiment expressed here: the user visible
tool should be called Package Manager (or Python Package Manager). I
might want to use chapman as the name for the underlying machinery, the
stuff that is called pimp nowadays.
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com>
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -