[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: MacPython2.3 - locale problem in Idle

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Thu Aug 7 01:00:57 EDT 2003

On woensdag, 6 augustus 2003, at 21:32PM, Andre Posumentov wrote:

> That's what's puzzling me  - I'm in the UK, and my 'LANG' environment
> is set to 'en'.  Sorry, I should have mentioned that in my original
> mail.

On Mac OS X pretty much any language setting is unsupported:-( This
comes from the FreeBSD
heritage: they have some of the locale infrastructure, but not all of
it. This means it's
basically useless, but because it's there packages like Python think it
will all work.

Could you file a bug report for this, so it gets fixed in 2.3.1? Even
though the bug could
be considered to be in MacOSX I think Idle shouldn't crash if its
setlocale() fails.