[Pythonmac-SIG] Numeric headers and Package Manager

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Aug 13 11:05:36 EDT 2003

Jack Jansen wrote:

> > The Numeric setup.py does install the headers, but in a Numeric
> > subdirectory.
> >
> > ls
> > /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/include/python2.3/
> > Numeric
> > arrayobject.h  f2c.h  ranlib.h  ufuncobject.h
>
> And this is the same as what happens when you install Numeric from
> source (be it through Package Manager or
> manually).

Ok, this seems reasonable. Installing from source makes sense if you are
developing extensions.

Now, does anyone know how to write a setup.py that will indicate that
there are headers in ...../include/python2.3/Numeric/

Note that I can't hard-code the path, because Linux puts the whole pile
somewhere else, and I want it to work with other versions of python. I
guess what I would like it for distutils to automatically look in
sub-directories of the main include directory, but it doesn't seem to do
this by default.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov