[Pythonmac-SIG] Help me make the PC to MAC transition!

Travis Seymour nogard at cats.ucsc.edu
Tue Aug 19 16:32:58 EDT 2003

Hi, I'm a PC user since the IBM XT.
Every since OSX arrived, I've been wanting to switch over to the mac.
I have a mac with OSX 10.2 installed and would like to setup a FAQ server
as a way to begin migrating my research lab over to mac.
I'd like to use FAQ WIZARD which is part of Python.  (Is it also part of
MacPython?)

I'm in need of a step-by-step guide to setting up the webserver (I
understand it's very easy on the mac) and then getting FAQ WIZARD installed.
I understand a good bit about OSs and computers in general, and a moderate
amount of unix and shells.
However, since I know relatively little about OSX (have not yet fired up a
terminal window), you would have to be pretty explicit.

If this works, I'll have taken the first step..otherwise, I'll have to do
this in Linux and my Mac OS dreams will be shattered.
In return, I'd promise to host this step-by-step guide on my server as a
service to MacPython.

Can someone help?  Is there already such a guide somewhere?
Thanks
Travis Seymour
http://www.travisseymour.com

Travis L. Seymour, Ph.D
Psychology Department
374 Social Sciences II
University of California                        phone: 831-459-3384
Santa Cruz, CA 95064            email: nogard at cats.ucsc.edu