[Pythonmac-SIG] Broken something?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Aug 26 18:08:15 EDT 2003

Joel Bender <jjb5 at cornell.edu> writes:

> MacOS 10.2.6, Python 2.2.2 (Apple)

Erm, no.  Apple only supply a 2.2(.0) with Jaguar.  That doesn't have True.

> I've been using the built-in Queue module with great success to
> transfer data structures between threads, except for today.  Now from
> the "supplier" I'm getting a very strange error:
>
>      File "/sw/src/root-python22-2.2.2-5/sw/lib/python2.2/Queue.py",
>          line 58, in put
>        release_fsema = True
>      NameError: global name 'True' is not defined
>
> Running interactively shows:
>
>      >>> True
>      1
>
> Any help figuring out where 'True' went would be appreciated!

The /sw/bin/python you're (presumably) running here does, though.

Was the first example with /usr/bin/python?

Cheers,
mwh

--
  ... Windows proponents tell you that it will solve things that
  your Unix system people keep telling you are hard.  The Unix