[Pythonmac-SIG] Restrictions on what you can do in a Python module?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Aug 27 20:02:34 EDT 2003

Robb Brown <brownr at ucalgary.ca> writes:

> Hm.  Strange that the same code works from C but not Python... dcmtk
> does apparently use some threads.

Meep!  Here be dragons, at least possibly.

> Do I have to do something specific to make C threads work with
> Python?

I don't think so.  But if the toolkit makes callbacks to your code,
then things can get really entertaining.

> Unfortunately, any threading is done within the toolkit - which I'd
> rather not modify too much.  Is there something I put in the
> wrapper?

Can you show us a small example?  Even if there's noone here who
understands the toolkit we might be able to spot some potential red
flags.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  I think if we have the choice, I'd rather we didn't explicitly put
  flaws in the reST syntax for the sole purpose of not insulting the