[Pythonmac-SIG] Restrictions on what you can do in a Python module?

Robb Brown brownr at ucalgary.ca
Thu Aug 28 13:08:05 EDT 2003

I thought you might be interested...  dctk is a DICOM (medical image
file format / network protocol for those not in the know) toolkit --
file read and write as well as network connectivity.  My idea is to
wrap the basic functions in Python and then writing DICOM enabled apps
is no problem.  Plus, I'm frequently annoyed by our expensive research
PACS (a medical image archiving server)... a good Python DICOM package
and existing Python database modules would let you write your own PACS
in an afternoon.

If it works I'm sure there would be a lot of interest... we've been
considering the MERGE toolkit which is several thousand dollars a seat
and is only C++.