[Pythonmac-SIG] speech support in MacPython?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Fri Aug 29 14:17:41 EDT 2003

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 12:32 AM, Gary Shao wrote:

> As the developer of a Python-based  application suite supporting the
> use of
> Project Gutenberg e-texts that is intended to be fully cross-platform,
> I was
> wondering about the state of support for speech capabilities in
> MacPython.

There used to be a macspeech module, but I dropped it. It was
(literally!) the
first Python extension module I wrote for the Macintosh, and it was
rather
hopelessly incomplete. With Carbon it stopped working completely, so I
didn't want to spend any time on trying to fix it. There isn't any
intrinsically
non-Carbon about it, though, so if someone wants to revive it: be my
guest.

Alternatively, a bgen-based wrapper module shouldn't be too much work
either.
But again: I don't really have time to put into this right now.
Goldman