[Pythonmac-SIG] Gordon McMillan's installer question for the Mac

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Sun Aug 31 01:25:09 EDT 2003

On 30-aug-03, at 3:13, Python Development wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently in our PC product, the Gordon McMillan wrapper is ran within
> a thread, while the other thread runs the UI.  On the Mac, we had some
> problems with that,
[...]

Randy,
what I only realised after reading your message for the second time is
that it could
make a difference *which* thread runs the UI. On MacOSX it *must* be
the main thread
that runs the UI. As far as I know this is true for all (non-X11) UI
libraries
on the Mac, it has something to do with the way Mach threads are
handled.
Goldman