[Pythonmac-SIG] make locations with aeve

Just Stuff stuff at obsidiancore.com
Mon Dec 1 17:26:30 EST 2003

Okay, I've got another question now about the make() command.  I'm
still trying to execute this applescript, and I've got all the
properties working.  But I need to specify this "at end of graphics"
argument.

tell front document of application "OmniGraffle"
	set shp to make new shape ¬
		with properties {origin:{100, 100}, size:{20, 20}} ¬
		at end of graphics
end tell

Here's what I've got so far in python:

import aeve
app =
aeve.talkto('com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle')	#'/Applications/
OmniGraffle.app')
from aeve.Applications import OmniGraffle as og

shape = app.make(new=og.shape,with_properties={ og.graphic.origin:
[100, 100], og.graphic.size: [20, 20], og.shape.name: 'Circle' } )

But it fails because it doesn't have the at ... argument, i.e. if I run
the applescript without the at... argument, I get the same error.  Any
hints?

-winston

p.s. If there is some documentation I should be reading so I don't ask
these simple questions, please point me to it.